Electronics & Communication Engineering
B E Electronics & Communication Engineering
The School of ECE UG Programm enable structured learning approach comprising
- Program Foundation Courses with an emphasis on fundamentals
- Program Verticals to enable students to persue the domain verticals of their interest.
- Integrated experiential learning to facilitate students to deploy the fundamentals and skill sets learnt towards problem solving.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
The school of electronics and communication engineering is dedicated to graduating engineers who,
- Have a strong foundation and ability to apply mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, modern tools and humanities to conceive, analyze, design and implement solutions to problems in the Electronics and Communication engineering field.
- Have a broad-based background to practice Electronics and Communication engineering in a variety of fields including VLSI, communication systems and embedded systems.
- Have an understanding of the professional and ethical obligations of the engineer with awareness of contemporary issues, professional responsibility, impact of technology on society, and the need for life-long learning.
- Have an ability to participate in team oriented, open ended activities that prepare an engineer to work in integrated engineering teams and use modern tools to communicate effectively.
- Have an ability to pursue higher education, engage in research and development activity and add value to the organization by continuous learning.
Program Outcomes (PO's)
The graduates will have,
PO 1: Engineering knowledge
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problem.
PO 2: Problem analysis
Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO 3: Design/Development of Solutions
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO 5: Conduct investigations of complex problems
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO 6: The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO 7: Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO 8: Ethics
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering settings.
PO 9: Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO 10: Communication
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO 11: Project management and finance
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO 12: Life-ling learning
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in systems of varying complexity.
PSO 1: Hardware and Software Modeling
An ability to apply design principles in the development of hardware and software systems of varying complexity.
PSO 2: Development of VLSI Systems
Demonstrate the knowledge of the state of art tools and apply for the development of VLSI circuits/systems.
PSO 3: Development of Communication Systems
An ability to use appropriate modern techniques for analysis, design and development of Communication components/systems.
Incorporated under KLE Technological University
Act - 2012 ; Karnataka Act 22 of 2013
©2015 KLE Technological University